Friday, July 2, 2010

Damn the allergies, full speed ahead!

Well, it's feeling more like a cold, but Pam got it almost exactly when I did. I overdid it biking one morning and feel like this is the payment for it. It's not keeping me from enjoying this trip though. Everyone is nice, the traffic is easy and the scenery is constantly changing. I still can't get over how, like the northwest, I'm finding really cool people in very rural places. I'm used to thinking rural equals redneck hicks, but that is not the case here. I can only believe that the people that are here are here by choice, escaping the big cities, not stuck in small town poverty. This moment, I'm in a little 12 room hotel on the side of the road, with giant windows overlooking the water. 50 steps away is a really good old diner, where I had the best ever "Haddock burger" last night. Besides the cold/allergies, the only problem on this trip is too much good food. While standing in the diner last night I heard a reference to bikers coming from all around to get their strawberry pie, so after ordering a piece of that, I found that there is a really cool trail, right next to the hotel...I'm leaving to go explore that now....

No comments: