Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Better Than It Has To Be

Strange days have passed through me recently. Hurricane surfing with my crew and me riding head-high waves on my 10'6" Munoz. I would not have thought that possible a few years ago. Then I'm up on stage on a riser at the front at Northland, with stage nerves like I was a kid. My keys sounded great through my in-ear monitors, but that kind of setup was so stange I had trouble focusing. My son had to show me video of me being projected up on a big screen...glad I did not see that while I was playing!
The doctors and nurses signed off on me as good to go and kept complementing on my fitness. Time to quit worrying and start living I imagine. The good thing about this is that it made me stop and think about what is important, and I called my daughter and invited her on a trip with me to kayak south Florida.
I was thinking about what regrets I would have if I suddenly had to check out and then realized it was nothing but family.....

No comments: