Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Long Weekend

Four hours getting there and it took all four of those hours for Pam and I to get rid of the workplace. Once we settled into the apartment overlooking Charlotte Harbor, the peace of Bokeelia came back. we kayaked, fished, read, and we went to fun places to eat. It wasn't long before I started imagining a life that was always like this, but before I knew it, we were on our way back home. The drive was unexpectedly easy, but the stress hit Pam almost the minute we walked in the front door. Twenty-four hours ago she was laughing as she reeled in her third mackerel, while I was trying to figure out how to catch just one, and now it's like we need another vacation.
I'm going to have to teach her how to keep that happy place in her head....

No comments: