Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Neighborhood

What not to do when you first move into a new neighborhood: complain to your next-door neighbor about his dogs. I was out working on th VW when he approached, nicely complaining about how my dogs bothered him. The dogs were in the backyard with my wife, but they had been barking a bit before, at the movers, I thought. After he left I wondered if that was just a ruse to get me used to him complaining a lot...the thing is, they hadn't lived in the house for a day when he came over.
I thought about that a bit, trying to not make any noise when I was outside, except for deciding that a lot of stuff needed pressure cleaning, like my whole driveway. I was considerate about it, I waited until 8am on Sunday to do the work.
Then something strange happened last Saturday. The neighbor on the other side of his house drove by on a Harley, early in the morning while I was out working in the yard. I don't know why exactly, he must have had engine problems or something, because he stopped in front of my neighbor's house and revved the engine for at least 5 minutes......

No comments: