Monday, May 9, 2011

The Story of The Crow

I was walking out the front door of my house when a large shadow passed directly overhead. I ducked and looked up, expecting to see a large hawk or heron flying by, but saw nothing in the clear blue sky. Then something totally out of place caught my eye. A large black bird was perched on the edge of my roof, very close to me, with his beak wide open. He was a large as my macaw and although I love birds, this did not feel like a friendly visit. I see lots of birds, but could not remember seeing a crow around my house before. He did not seem afraid of me standing there and merely moved around the roof a bit, keeping an eye on me the whole time.
I ran back in the house to tell my wife about this giant bird, and then heard my wife screaming that there was a crow in our screened pool area. Our pool screen has a few small holes in it, but usually the only birds in there are my parrots when we take them outdoors for some weekend exercise. I was expecting to see that giant crow attacking my small conure, but instead I saw a small crow with a yellow beak trying to find his way out. He was hiding in the plants and then flying around, looking for an opening in the screen.
I quickly put the conure back in her cage and opened both doors. The crow then came out and walked around the deck to the doorway and flew away. I have not seen either bird since, but I have to wonder, was the large bird asking for my help?.........

No comments: