Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Must Have Cut Him Off In Traffic


Ah, perception versus reality. You think you are generous, and others think you are a miser. You think think you are big and others think you are small. I wonder what they call it when your self-image is too far off? Or, could it just possibly be that the perception is miscued?
We took personality tests the other day, and from less than 5 minutes of my time, I was told that I was highly agressive, which probably has a large number of people at working rolling on the floor laughing, and this does not include the friends and family that will be howling as well. Self-image not-withstanding, I have been told for ages that I am more like a golden retriever personality than anything else. I'm "too" nice. I couldn't supervise because I'm "too" nice. I don't have the roughness needed to survive what management has to deal with every day.
BUT...perhaps, like the tin man, the only difference between me and the tough individual that defeats all enemies in his path, is a piece of paper saying that he is agressive. OZ has given me that paper and it has changed my life.
I was always thinking of a post-retirement job of selling hotdogs on a stand at the beach, but I am now considering the post of leader of the Golden-Age Hells Angels....hey I got references!

No comments: