Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January 2016 and There's Another Crossroads

Here it is again, that unforeseeable future looming. There is no way in the world that I can predict what I will be doing a few months from now, but it will not be the same old thing for sure. Work is exciting, music is on the back burner again, and the weather is up and down enough to not make big plans for the weekends. I recently had one of the best surfing days, and it was totally unexpected. A dark gloomy day with wind...who could imagine that I would have a good surf session on a day like that?
Work is shorts bursts of excitement, followed by long periods of boredom. The job market seems to be heating up and my skills are now in demand.
There is this image in my mind of me floating on my back down a river. Do I thank the water for carrying me so soothingly through time, or do I thank the boulders that bruise my head and body? The boulders are the bad bosses I've had through the years, and the naysayers that kept reminding me that I wasn't as sharp as I thought I was. Sure, the boulders didn't have my best interests at heart, but that is what I needed to wake up and see where I was going in life.
Thank you guys, wherever you are now, for getting me to this place..

No comments: