Friday, February 12, 2016

Another Big Fork In The Road

I knew that I was bad at predicting the future, at least my future. Here I am, I just gave notice on my job. What could I possibly be thinking? The best paying job I've ever had. Good boss, nice environment, friends, what else could I ask for?
And, that was the thing...I needed something big to do. I wanted to create, deliver and support. I wanted to make things that helped people do their jobs.
Instead, my job was trying to make something happen that didn't look like it was going to fly. Perhaps, someday in the future, my project will take off, but when another company offered everything I didn't have right now, it was tough to say no, and in the end, I didn't say no.
I have no idea in the world how I will feel about this 6 months from now, but at this moment, the day I gave notice, it feels like the only smart thing to do.
Clinging on to what I have, is not the way I want to live anymore. I want to reach out, take some chances, make some bold moves.
I am ready.

No comments: