Friday, March 7, 2014

Rock City and the Future of Things..


This photo is of me and the boys in Rock City, hanging out in a backroom before we went on stage for a really rare gig for us: playing at a wedding! And let me say, that was no ordinary wedding. The table centerpieces were replicas of silenced automatic pistols, with flowers in them and the groom was about my age, marrying a fairly young woman. Most of the attendees were supposed to be bikers, but truthfully, they seemed like any other group you might see at a wedding. I did notice that it did not take much booze for them to have a good time. It was a night that I will treasure. I only wish that my wife could have been there to see what I saw..
Life right now is truly that phrase: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I'm having a blast performing on stage and doing better at surfing than at any other time of my life. My Mom is sick and work just seems like they would rather not have any old guys working there. Actually all of these things make perfect sense when you stand back, but when you go through them minute by minute, it is not quite as thrilling. I still stand by my thought that the near future is a wide open as it was when I was looking at the end of college and had no idea if I would have a job, get married, have kids, any of it. For all I know right now, I'm looking at the day before I find out just what I'm really capable of in life, or I find out what it's like to be counting your pennies. It's not always exactly what I want to face, but it beats the hell out of BORING....

No comments: