Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Big Thank You

As I look around and take in all of the bad things in our world right now, there is one thing I know for sure; it is never ALL bad or good. I used to think of something going wrong and believing that the whole day was shot, or if enough bad things happened, the whole year was shot. And you know, I'm kinda getting that sort of news these days. 2009 sucks and all we can do is hope for 2010 to be better.
However, our gig at the 'Flats for Cinco de Mayo, was one of those shining moments that I seek in life: nothing but fun. We had so many people that if any one else had come, they probably left because there was nowhere to sit and the line for food and drink was so long. Among those that stayed, we had family, friends, long lost friends,well-wishing neighbors from our community, and really nice strangers.
They say you can't really seek happiness, but a few beers and good times with all of those people put a large smile on my face. If that wasn't what I was seeking, then it could never be found.
Thanks guys, for making absolutely sure that no one could ever say that 2009 was all bad....

No comments: