Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Breakfast With The Bird

Perhaps it is merely contentment, but the words aren't just pouring out these days. I'm sitting here with Bogey, my Blue and Gold mccaw, sharing our breakfast of walnuts and banana. I'm the one doing the typing while he investigates anything in the kitchen that may possibly have changed since yesterday. Life seems to be on an even keel and the little things in life are just that and nothing more.
The biggest things coming up are counting my 55th year on the planet and the job move to a new remote building. I may have been concerned about those things in the past, but right now they since less important than the next piece of walnut.
Spring looks like it has decided to become a roaring hot Florida summer already and my thoughts turn toward the really important things in life; music and surfing. Like my family, they have stayed with me and I cling to the idea that I'll be playing the Doors in an Old Folk's home someday and pulling out a bar of surfwax to sniff and recall my days of gliding down the face of some glassy wave.
There is a saying, "If you used to be a surfer, then you never were." As a surfer who spent his life inland, I think I understand that saying as well as anyone could...

No comments: