Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The View From 55


Today is 55 years on the planet for me. I have the distinct pleasure of enjoying life much longer than I ever thought possible. My son took photos of me surfing this weekend and while I have never reached the place where I amazed myself or anyone else with my skills, the fact that I'm still there is plenty for me. Life is good today. I have reached my goals in most things in life. If there is one thing that makes me happiest, it is that I feel I have achieved a balance. I'm finding that this is much more important to me than having much more of each aspect of life.
I remember a big disappointment was that I never got to live on the beach, something I thought was necessary. But here I am going over Dusty's photos from last Saturday, thinking that having a son that would patiently sit for hours to get a few pix of his old man getting some waves....man, that beats living on the beach any day....

No comments: