Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Car Hauler

Sometimes I get a very sobering reminder of how good it is to be right here and now in my life. And, as in many cases, the thing I thought I saw was more important to me than what may have really happened.
This time it was because of big news story that happened near where I live and a place that I jog by every day while exercising. There was a woman a few years older than me and her emotionally disturbed teenager. He had some kind of psychotic episode and the bottom line was that the police shot him...4 times. He's been dead and they had the funeral and we all reflected on that, but I still run by the house every day and it occurs to me that it is not over for that mother and father by a long shot. Last night I thought I saw the dad, pacing in the driveway on his cellphone and then I saw a big rig, pulling a car trailer, like the kind you see delivering cars to dealerships, pulling up in front of his house. A big truck like that in a neighborhood is not a common sight and I started thinking, "they are having the kid's car disposed of", and once again I wanted to go home and hug every member of my family and think about just how glad I am to have one more day with them....

No comments: