Friday, December 11, 2009

The Kindling Wood

It's time again for the office shuffle, and myself and some others will get packed up and moved to another location. Why? Man, we could not take Why.. We just know it is for the good of somebody, not sure who. I think about how I've gotten used to the current spot and what I will be giving up, and spend way too much time worrying about that. My brain is way too powerful for this kind of thinking, and then I finally start to get it..
This is the kindling wood for my brain. This is the time I spend on Craigslist looking at gear I don't need, the time I spend worrying about politics that I can't change, the time I spend worrying about futures that are out of my control. It's like some big fire in my head that sometimes goes low, and perhaps almost goes out when I watch too much television. It's building back up now, the thought of change and the possibility of losing some part of me that is important, and my mind resists, stoking that fire and then looking for the big cordwood, the big tough problems in life and family. It comes to me then that I am surrounded by great people and life is full and the fire is burning as high and as hot as ever. Christmas is coming, surfing is going great, and music is full of possibilities. The desk, the cube, the office life, well that is just a place to sit down and rest from the big important things. Besides, I already got the best words from a country song: it ain't like I've never been here before, I'm just here again...

No comments: