Friday, December 4, 2009

The Next Adventure - Tomoka


Today I'm heading on another adventure after working a short day. My brother and I are heading up to Tomoka State Park, which is right on the salt water, near the ocean, but in the woods. It's definitely a Florida kind of spot, not at all pretending to be up in the mountains. We're meeting up with the guys in the extended family, or at least the ones that are still going after seeing the weather report. The weather this weekend is not for sissies, at least Florida sissies. Cold and rainy is the expectation and I think most of the guys have less than fond memories of our last trip, early on this year when it went into the 20 degree area. Yes sir, I should certainly find something to write about this weekend! But, hanging with the boys and being the voice of reason while I hear all about how Obama has messed it all up, that should be worth the price of admission alone...

No comments: